Moeyingyi Wetland Wildlife Sanctuary
Migratory Water Birds
Located between 17'34' N and 96'35' E in Bago and Waw Townships of Bago
40 square miles.
Year of Establishment
Established in 1986.
70 miles from Yangon along the Yangon-Bago-Pyinpongyi Highway.
- To conserve resident and migratory water birds and their habitats.
- To conduct scientific research on resident and migratory water
birds in cooperation with international scientific organizations.
- To organize extension programmes to educate the public on the
importance of wetland ecosystem and public participation in wetland
- Water bird species - (42) Nos
- Shore bird species - (33) Nos
According to the census conducted in January, 1998 it is noted that a
total number of (4529) birds inhabited the Moeyingyi wetland wildlife
Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Watching resident and migratory water birds and enjoyment of natural
view near Yangon.
- Conducting research activities on wetland ecosystem.
- Study wetland environment by boat.
- Accommodation for 5 to 10 persons at a guest house.
- Nine boat-shaped timber houses accommodating two in each room.
Company Profile |
Bodh Gaya Map |
Special Program |
Pilgrimage VCD |
Hotels in Yangon |
Restaurants in Yangon
TOE TRAVELS & TOURS CO., LTD.
No.815, Mahabandoola Street, Lanmadaw
Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel : 95-1-227322, 221586, 211703
Mobile : 09-50-19091, 09-50-19104
Fax : 95-1-227322
Tlx : 21201/21236 BM-MMA-1682MHT
P.O.Box : 969, Cable : MAHA TOE
Web Developer: Myanmars.NET, Yangon, Myanmar.
© Copyright 2007 by Maha Toe Travels & Tours.